Burgrave Palace

The palatine edifice from Orheiul Vechi, known as the “Palace of the Pârcălab” was built in the spirit of oriental architecture, the palace being, like the citadel, elaborated on the basis of the same compositional principle - mandala. The palace is located inside the citadel. It was known as the "palace of the foreman" by virtue of being considered the residence of the military commander of Orhei, whose activity was attested between 1470 and 1499. The analysis of the remains refutes the use of the palace during the state rooms), the name of the palace being kept in accordance with its functional destination and dimensional size.

The Bath nr. II

Since the foundation of the oriental city of Sehr-al-Geadid, public baths appeared at Orheiul Vechi. Bath nr. II is the biggest of the three city baths discovered. The local tradition has maintained their purpose as baths in documents up to 1574.

The entrance to the bath was situated in the western part, near the main street of the city, while the water tank and heating chambers were in the opposite part. The spaces of the bath were similar to roman baths, so conventionally they were named tepidarium, caldarium and laconicum.

The Nativity of the Mother of Christ Monastery

The Nativity of the Mother of Christ Monastery is located in the village of Butuceni, also known as the Butuceni Monastery. The monastery has its beginnings from the XV – XVI centuries, when on the place of the current construction there was a small wooden church. The activity of the monastery was closely related to the cave hermitage "Peştera". There are no testimonies of the activity of the hermitages in the area during the XVIII – XIX centuries. Towards the end of the 19th century, the monastic life in the area began to revive. In 1905 the monastery of the Nativity of the Mother of Christ was consecrated and reopened. After the establishment of the Soviet regime, the Nativity of the Mother of Christ monastery, including the cave hermitage of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin sbooks and icons, were ceded to some monasteries in Ukraine. In 1968, the bells were removed and replaced with gas cylinders. The current bells were recently brought from Russia. The current monastic community was officially registered in 1996, and services have been held since 1998.

Training of local guides according to WFTGA standards

The publication of the second issue of the Journal of Archeology, Anthropology and Interdisciplinary Studies

The contest “Young ambassadors of the Cultural-Natural Reserve” Orheiul Vechi “

Charity Foundation Caritas Moldova